Sales Associate Opening
The Front Range Birding Company is seeking a motivated part-time Sales Associate in both its Littleton and Boulder stores. As the largest independent wild bird supply store in the Front Range area, we offer a wide range of bird-feeding and bird-watching products to a loyal customer base who appreciates a smile and a can-do attitude.
Sales Associates at Front Range Birding Company are primarily responsible for greeting customers, answering questions, and ringing up purchases. Other tasks include, but are not limited to, re-stocking shelves, merchandising to feature new or seasonal products, and recording special orders for customers. Our busy store is a perfect fit for someone who likes to learn new things, connect with our customers, and be part of a growing, locally-owned small business.
- Customer service or retail experience
- Birding knowledge, in backyard feeding and/or in the field
- Well-rounded computer experience, including fluency in common software programs such as Microsoft Word, competency using internet browsers, and familiarity using email programs
- Able to lift 20 pounds repeatedly throughout the day, occasionally lift up to 40 pounds, and stand on one’s feet for long periods of time
- Ability and willingness to comply with new safety procedures including wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing with customers and co-workers
- Able to work 1 to 3 full days a week
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the company
- Point of Sale system knowledge and experience
- Sports optics (binocular and spotting scope) knowledge
- Naturalist experience/bird walk leading experience
Benefits include a generous employee discount and training opportunities for optics and bird-related products.
If you are a self-starter with a passion for learning and a friendly outlook, please send a resume to email@example.com to apply for a position in Littleton, or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a position in Boulder.